Onboard Passenger Services Assistant
Hourly Rate £12.49
Hourly Rate £13.67
All posts are May to October 2018
We are recruiting for the 2018 season and are looking for Passenger Services Assistants and Chefs to join our onboard teams. Serco NorthLink Ferries is an organisation with a strong reputation in both passenger and freight transport between the Northern Isles and mainland Scotland.
About the role
An opportunity to work in a vibrant, busy environment onboard our ferries operating between Stromness and Scrabster as well as Aberdeen, Kirkwall and Lerwick. Onboard passenger services staff are responsible for providing the highest levels of customer services to our passengers – whether it be our retail, food or beverage outlets.
Living within the local catchment area of our operating ports, you will be friendly, enthusiastic, flexible and a quick learner. You’ll take great pride in what you do and be committed to delivering the very highest level of customer service. Experience in retail, hospitality or other customer services environments would be advantageous, as would cash-handling skills and working to a roster system.
With the benefit of a comprehensive two-week on-board training programme being provided to equip you with the full range of skills you’ll deliver the highest standards around. Our training is focused on providing a service which reflects safety, efficiency and customer satisfaction.
In order to apply you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Successful completion a Seafarers ENG1 Medical
- Be able to commit and successfully complete a 2 week training programme commencing early May.
- Willing to live onboard when rostered on duty
Opportunities also exist for casual and part-time hourly contracts, in addition to seasonal contracts.
How to apply
For more information or to apply:
Post: Serco Ferries (HR) Limited, Jamieson’s Quay, Aberdeen AB11 5NP
To download an application pack please click here.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications: 9th March 2018
Serco Ferries (Guernsey) Crewing Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Ships Electrician Vacancy
A challenging and rewarding opportunity exists for a highly motivated Ships Electrician within the NorthLink Ferries fleet.
The Ships Electrician is responsible for working under the direction of the Chief Engineer to ensure all electrical and technical areas of the vessel are kept clean and in good operating condition at all times. The Ships Electrician also ensures that preventative maintenance is carried out in order to reduce repair and maintenance costs.
- Marine electrical background
- Valid ENG1 medical
- 4 STCW Basic Safety Training Courses / Manila Amendments
- STCW Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boat
- Security Awareness or Designated Security Duties
- STCW Advanced Fire Fighting
- ETO CoC highly desirable
- MarinArk Basic Descent/Operator
- Crowd Management
Knowledge and Duties
- Maintain an adequate stock of spare parts on board the ship and communicate to the Chief Engineer when stock items are depleted or other items are required.
- Attend the machinery control room during all standby situations, unless instructed otherwise by the Chief Engineer.
- Running and recording schedule planned maintenance checks through AMOS on the Vessels electrical plant.
- Any other duties as required by the Chief Engineer
Place of Work
The Ships Electrician may be required to work on any vessel owned, managed or chartered by the ship owner out of the Northern Isles locations that the operator has vessels operating. The normal work pattern is two weeks on/off with annual leave.
For More Information or to Apply:
Serco Ferries (HR) Limited
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 23rd February 2018