Customer Service Supervisor
Applications are invited for the full-time position of Customer Service Supervisor at the Serco Northlink Ferries Aberdeen Terminal at Jamieson’s Quay.
NorthLink Ferries – Aberdeen
Hours: 35 Hours, Monday – Sunday (Various shift patterns between the Ports Core Operating Hours: 06:45 – 19:00)
To supervise and support the customer service assistants to ensure that the port operates efficiently and to standard, providing excellent first point of contact with customers. The NorthLink Ferries experience should reflect the business` core values of quality, service and responsibility while at the same time, encouraging conversion of initial enquiries to bookings and repeat business to existing customers.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct manage, motivate and develop customer service staff to ensure that Port and individual targets are met.
- Preparation and management of staff rota in accordance with scheduled (and unscheduled) arrivals and departures.
- First line management responsibility for customer service staff issues – providing on-the-spot problem solving or liaising with company management as appropriate.
- Ensuring local operating procedures are adhered to – providing coaching and training to staff as required.
- Ensuring that service standards are delivered in accordance with company practice.
- Providing first line of escalation for customer complaint issues.
- Ensuring that passenger counting and manifest preparation is properly conducted.
- Ensuring boarding controls are properly implemented including control of baggage as required.
- Ensuring passenger accompanied and commercial vehicles are properly checked-in and accounted for.
- Ensuring customer calls (passenger and commercial customers) and face to face customer enquiries are dealt with professionally.
- Ensuring cash-handling procedures are properly implemented and that each sailing is accurately reconciled.
- Provision of operational data for management reports, including among others, staff hours worked, traffic generated, summary of complaints/compliments.
- Undertake security in line the Serco Management System, with particular reference to Information Security.
Essential skills and Experience
- Educated to Scottish Higher grade standard or equivalent
- Strong customer service experience is essential
- Supervisory experience would be desirable, not essential
- Highly developed communication skills
- Successful track record in delivering first class customer service.
- Good IT and administration skills
- Excellent people management skills
For More Information or to Apply:
Please visit http://www.serco.com/careers/ and search using the reference number 66436.
Closing Date for Applications Monday 31st August 2015
Serco Ferries (Guernsey) Crewing Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer