NorthLink Ferries are pleased to offer complimentary Internet access in all public areas and in all cabins onboard MV Hamnavoe, MV Hjaltland and MV Hrossey.
To use the wi-fi service all you need is a wireless enabled laptop or handheld device with the wi-fi switch in the ‘on’ position. A wi-fi internet service is also available in all cabins.
To connect to the internet:
- Look for and select ‘Hamnavoe Free Wifi’, ‘Hjaltland Free Wifi’ or ‘Hrossey Free Wifi’
- Your browser should automatically open and take you to the sign in page.
- However if it does not, please use the following address: http://172.16.16.1
- Select ‘Connect to wi-fi and browse the internet’
- When prompted enter the wi-fi network password: magnus
Please note: There are limits placed on the amount of data that each user can download. To allow you to browse with ease, please switch off automatic updates on your device before connecting.
Download newspapers and magazine titles at no charge
Passengers on board NorthLink ships are able to download newspaper and magazine titles at no charge on their mobile devices.
To access this service, visit the Google Play, Apple Store or Kindle App Store and download the PressReader app.
When opening the app in a PressReader hotspot, such as NorthLink ships and ports, you’ll see a green coffee cup in the app.
When in a PressReader hotspot, you will be able to download and keep a number of newspaper and magazine titles at no charge. Enjoy some holiday reading courtesy of NorthLink Ferries!