For a superb and easy pudding that makes you feel festive with every spoonful, we’d recommend this one. We found it in an old book of recipes from farmhouse kitchens in Westray and Papa Westray.
This easy pudding that makes you feel festive with every spoonful. We served it piping hot with ice cream – delicious!
We love that Christmas Crumble uses easy to find ingredients and that it only takes about ten minutes to prepare and another half hour in the oven.
The Christmas Crumble recipe was contributed by Marjory Drever of Russland in Westray. We served it piping hot with ice cream – delicious! Thank you Marjory.
- 115g (4oz) Flour
- 55g (2oz) Butter or Margarine
- 55g (2oz) Brown Sugar
- 55g (2oz) ground almonds
- 1 tin sliced peaches
- 1 jar mincemeat
- Put the mincemeat on bottom of greased oven dish and cover with drained peaches.
- In another bowl make the crumble mixture by rubbing the butter or margarine into the flour. Add sugar and the almonds and mix well.
- Cover peaches with crumble mixture and bake at 180°C for 20-30 minutes or until the top is golden.
- Serve hot with cream or ice cream and drizzle with the juice from the drained peaches.
- Makes 4-5 generous servings.
From ‘Recipes throughout the years from Westray and Papay’
Orkney and Shetland fanatic, likes to capture life through a lens, loves creating, eclectic taste in music, enjoys being a Mum; would secretly love to be a star of the West End!