NorthLink Ferries are delighted to present the ‘Landbridge’ promotion.
This offer enables passengers to travel from Lerwick to Kirkwall routing through Stromness to Scrabster (and back) at a special rate. It enables passengers to easily travel from Shetland to Caithness.
The special ticket price covers travel from Lerwick (departure 1730) to Kirkwall (arrival 2300) and Stromness (departure 0630 – or 0900 at the weekend – the following day) to Scrabster (arrival 0800 – 1030 at the weekend). The special rate will also apply on the journey from Scrabster to Stromness, and on the journey from Kirkwall to Lerwick when sailing on the same day.
The ‘Landbridge’ promotion is available all year round. To apply for the special ticket price, customers travelling Southward must travel on the first sailing from Stromness and those travelling Northward can travel on any crossing to Stromness before joining the ferry to Lerwick in the evening.
Though customers can stay overnight in Orkney Accommodation, NorthLink Ferries also offer a Hamnavoe Bed and Breakfast cabin for a small extra charge for passengers taking the southward landbridge. This option allows customers to spend the night on board MV Hamnavoe in a comfortable en-suite cabin with a free breakfast before disembarking in Scrabster at 0800 (1030 on a Sunday). Find out more about the Hamnavoe Bed and Breakfast offer.
Terms and Conditions for the ‘Landbridge’ promotion are as follows:
- Offer for a special ticket price for LE-KI-ST-SC (and SC-ST-KI-LE) (covers foot passengers and non-commercial vehicles).
- Open to islanders and non-islanders.
- Customers travelling Southward must take the first sailing from Stromness.
- Customers travelling Northward can travel on any crossing to Stromness before joining the ferry to Lerwick in the evening.
- The crossing from Scrabster to Stromness must be on the same day as the sailing from Hatston/ Kirkwall to Lerwick.