Serco NorthLink Ferries and Serco Ferries (Guernsey) Crewing Ltd
is an Equal Opportunities Employer
NorthLink Ferries, Joining Port: Aberdeen
Applications are invited for the position of Able Seafarer (AB) / Efficient Deck Hand (EDH) within the Serco NorthLink Ferries fleet.
As an AB/EDH the candidate will work under the instruction of the BOSUN directed by the Chief Officer (Head of the Deck Department) in order to maintain the ship. There will also be duties assigned to the candidate by the Officer of the Watch or Master.
- The keeping of a Bridge lookout.
- The steering of the ship as directed by the Officer on Watch or the Master.
- General Bridge duties as required by the Officer on Watch or the Master.
- Any other duties as assigned to him by the Officer on Watch or the Master.
- The keeping of a deck watch.
- The tending of moorings as necessary.
- The tending of the gangway as necessary.
- Assisting with passenger operations as directed by the Officer on Watch or the Chief Officer.
- Any other duties assigned to him by the Officer on Watch or the Master.
Place of Work
The AB/EDH may be required to work on any vessel owned, managed or chartered by the ship owner out of the Northern Isles locations that the operator has vessels operating. The normal work pattern is two weeks on/off with annual leave.
It is preferred that Candidates live within the local vicinity of our Ports (Aberdeen, Orkney & Shetland).
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 2nd February 2021
Customer Service Assistant
NorthLink Ferries, Lerwick, Shetland, ZE1 0PR
35 hours, permanent
What you will need to do the job:
The ideal person for this role must have well-developed communication skills and the ability to deliver first class Customer Service. It is important that you have good IT and Administration skills. You must have previous experience working in a customer services role. You should be educated to Scottish Higher Grade Standard or Equivalent.
What we offer:
- There are a range of benefits for working at the NorthLink Ferries including a salary of £17,535 per annum, Sensible benefits that could save you money – 6% Employer Matched Pension Scheme, Life assurance, wellbeing support, wedding leave, Christmas savings scheme, etc.
- You will receive practical training, development and progression within a customer focused environment. We have great programs to support your development towards a long and successful career.
- You will have the opportunity to work for a well-respected brand where people development is at the heart of our culture.
- You will get the chance to work with and around friendly people – we have a great culture with high employee satisfaction.
- The chance to be recognised with our corporate value awards.
- This is an opportunity to contribute to charity events – we help and support our communities.
Closing date for applications: 24th January 2021