Important information for passengers – reviewed @ 10:30hrs 29th June 2023
Should you wish to cancel your booking, you will receive a full refund (up to the point of the date of travel; except if you fail to check-in or notify us of your intention not to travel). Refunds can be given online or by phone.
Whilst Covid-19 restrictions have been lifted the government guidance is now that those with symptoms of coronavirus, should avoid contact with other people and crowded places such as public transport.
7 Ways to Travel Safely with NorthLink Ferries
We’ve made some changes to help stop the spread of COVID-19. These are to protect both our passengers and crew.
- Follow government guidance if you are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.
- If you develop symptoms of illness during a voyage, please wear a face covering within our ferry terminals and on board.
- If boarding by car, please ensure your bags are ready to grab and go on the car deck.
- Be considerate and give plenty of space to other passengers, staff, and crew.
- Don’t block stairwells or passageways.
- Wash your hands regularly and use sanitizer points.
- Be patient when disembarking and when collecting luggage.
- Book Ahead. To avoid disappointment we would recommend that passengers book ahead. Bookings can be made online or by phone.
- Cancellations. Should you wish to cancel your booking, you will receive a full refund (up to the point of the date of travel; except if you fail to check-in or notify us of your intention not to travel). Refunds can be given online or by phone.
- Our passenger and freight vessel services are operating as per our timetables.
- There are extra hand sanitation points in our terminals and on board our ships.
- For your reassurance, our ventilation system is on full fresh air and there is no re-circulation of air through the internal accommodation on board.
- On Hjaltland & Hrossey (Aberdeen – Kirkwall – Lerwick), passengers without cabin accommodation are encouraged to book a sleeping pod or reclining seat.
For a full list of Covid guidelines for Scotland, please visit https://www.gov.scot/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance/